Interior lights pontiac accidents grand am 2000 interior ...

Q: Interior lights

asked by on October 06, 2016

Today my boyfriend was driving my car and ended up getting into a fender bender, my back passenger door is a little warped now and will not close properly, this is causing my interior lights to turn on and off while i am driving and staying on longer then usual. My question is could I simply pull the interior lights fuse out or will that mess with my dash lights(if thats what their called, i'm talking about the lights that light up my spedometer at night)? If pulling the fuse wouldnt affect them, where do i find my fuse box and which one do i pull? Thanks

Hello. Pulling the fuse will cause all of the interior lights to stop working and will affect some of the other electrical systems also. If you are not getting the vehicle fixed any time soon then the only way to bypass this for now is to take off the door panel and bypass the switch. This will give you some time and will keep the vehicles battery from dying.

If you decide to have the problem with your door diagnosed, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to help you repair this.