Q: My car's temperature goes between 102 degrees and 78 degrees Celsius. Is this normal? - 2013 Honda Jazz 1.3

When driving up hill in second gear these temperature changes happen from 102 to 78 degrees a 25 degrees change is this normal

A: Hi there. From the description you have pro...

Hi there. From the description you have provided, your vehicle’s temperature going down when driving uphill is opposite from the usual complaint. Being in second gear while going uphill, the engine’s RPM being higher should increase coolant circulation. The engine’s thermostat is designed to control the operating temperature.

It could be that the thermostat is lazy in closing while going up the hill. This should not cause any drivability concerns, unless the thermostat is lazy in opening. If you are concerned, I recommend having a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to check for what is causing the temperature changes and replace the thermostat if needed.