Q: Grinding noise while driving 2006 Pontiac Torrent

There is a grinding noise when the car is going forward in drive. It sounds like it is mostly coming from the passenger's side.

A: Grinding noises can be caused by several th...

Grinding noises can be caused by several things. The most common are brake pads that are worn to the metal. These will cause a grinding sound as the rotor rotates and rubs against them. The other common cause is bad hub bearings. A bad hub bearing will make a humming/growling noise. Hub bearing noises usually vary in intensity if you turn left or right because of the pressure being put on the bearing. A mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, can help you determine the cause of the noise and make the appropriate repair.