Q: Grinding noise while driving 2006 Pontiac Torrent

asked by on February 23, 2016

There is a grinding noise when the car is going forward in drive. It sounds like it is mostly coming from the passenger's side.

Car is making a noise Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Grinding noises can be caused by several things. The most common are brake pads that are worn to the metal. These will cause a grinding sound as the rotor rotates and rubs against them. The other common cause is bad hub bearings. A bad hub bearing will make a humming/growling noise. Hub bearing noises usually vary in intensity if you turn left or right because of the pressure being put on the bearing. A mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, can help you determine the cause of the noise and make the appropriate repair.