Q: Starting - 2004 Toyota Vitz

asked by on September 26, 2016

the car suddenly does not do anything it has a keyless entry and no keys to insert anywhere . all lights work and goes on exept on the dashboard. when you press the start button nothing happens. the remote does not open anything ,the car does not respond to it. the remotes battery was recently changed. i checked all fuses in the car everything is perfect, every relay in the car is also good . when pressing brakes the lights will go on in the back but still no green light on the push to start button. my question is can it be that the start button broke down? or which fuse should i double check to see if thats the faulty one. its a japanese car toyota vitz 2004 . how can i program this car to start with the wireless key again. and how can i start this car without the wireless key?

Hello. If the issue started after you changed the battery, then it may be possible that you need to reprogram the remote or that it may be defective. If it is an OEM push to start system, you may need to follow the specific reset procedure or have the dealer reprogram the remote. It may also be possible that the issue is related to the button itself, or the the push to start receiver, the unit that receives the remote’s signal, or even the ECM. In some cases, it may not be possible to start the vehicle if the push button system is not functioning properly. As issues like these can be difficult to diagnose, I would recommend having a professional technician inspect the starting problem to pinpoint the correct fix.