Q: 2010 Mercedes-Benz S400 Hybrid

asked by on September 28, 2016

My car has gone around 75,000 miles so far. I bought it used several months ago. The other day I was stopped at the traffic light and started accelerating when it was time to drive, when the car suddenly remained motionless. At this point, the dashboard lights all turned on at the same time. After I restarted the car the lights turned off. There was no check engine light on either. I continued driving but the same thing occurred about ten minutes afterwards. What could cause this?

Hello. It sounds like the car has low battery voltage. Either the battery has gone bad or the alternator is not charging properly and is draining the battery. I would suggest that you have the electrical system inspected. If you would like, a certified technician from YourMechanic can perform this inspection at your home or office.