Q: My truck just ovetheated i shut it down let it cooldown made sure coolant was full now it wont crank

asked by on July 02, 2016

Whenever it overheated i lost battery power it does turn over but wont crank

Whenever an engine is overheated there is always the possibility of engine damage to the cylinder heads and gaskets, along with engine sensors that may get damaged by heat or coolant contamination. You will need to have the engine scanned and tested to pinpoint the overheating issue first, then test for the cause of the no start.

I suggest getting some assistance from a qualified and mobile technician who can perform the necessary checks to diagnose the source of your overheating issue. Once this has been done, the mechanic can perform the necessary repairs to get your car going once again.