Side of my car is touching the ground versa recalls nissa...

Q: Side of my car is touching the ground

asked by on November 07, 2015

I was driving down the road in my 2009 Nissan Versa when the front passenger side suddenly dropped down and I could hear the front end scraping the ground. I am lucky it was a big, mostly empty road and I could safely compensate with the steering. I would understand this kind of failure in a crappy old car, but this is a car from 2009 with 55,000 miles on it. I expected better, now driving this makes me nervous. Is this likely to occur again?

Nissan just issued a recall NHTSA Campaign #15V573000 dated 9/17/2015 that the dealer will replace the two front coil springs. You should have or will receive the recall from Nissan. You should contact your dealer and schedule the repairs as soon as possible. If you already have a broken spring, then the dealer should have it towed. The front springs will be replaced due to premature failure from salt spray on roads in certain states that use salt for snow removal. There will be no cost to you.