Q: My car isn't accelerating when I put in in drive and press the gas pedal.

My car isn't accelerating when i put it in drive & press the gas

Hi there. Check the brakes on your vehicle to see if they may be locked. Check the parking brake and make sure that its released. Visually look at around the brakes for anything out of the ordinary. If the brakes are working properly and the parking brake is free, meaning that when the transmission is in neutral the vehicle can be pushed with no restrictions, then there could be an issue with the transmission. Check the transmission fluid level. If the transmission has reverse but no forward gears, then the forward clutch in the transmission is not applying. Check the alignment of the shifter by moving the shifter slowly from neutral to drive and see if the transmission has an engagement. If it does engage, then the shifter cable needs adjusted. If the transmission will not move at all, then the transmission needs repaired or replaced. If you need further assistance with your vehicle not moving when putting into drive and step on the gas pedal, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. My car isn't accelerating when I put in in drive and press the gas pedal.