Q: Hesitation

asked by on November 30, 2016

Hestitation sometimes when lightly pressing the gas pedal. No cats so two o2 sensors have been deleted. Ive changed left and right bank o2 sensors what should be my next move to solving this problem?

Mass Airflow Sensor Replacement $171.84 - $740.29 Get a Quote
Throttle Position Sensor Replacement $129.21 - $646.10 Get a Quote

This may be a variety of different possibilities such as a dirty or faulty mass air flow sensor or a faulty throttle position sensor or dirty fuel injectors. The mass air flow sensor is a unit in the intake system that monitors air intake as it is mixed with fuel prior to being injected into the motor. When this is dirty or faulty, this causes an imbalanced air/fuel load to be supplied to the motor which results in an over fueling or under fueling situation depending on the conditions. This type of inconsistent fuel supply to the motor may cause a hesitation, loss of power, a jerking reaction, potentially a bit of black exhaust smoke and typically a strong smell of fuel when this sensor is malfunctioning. When this is not working properly, you may also notice a strong smell of fuel.

The throttle position sensor (TPS) is a sensor used to monitor the throttle position of the throttle plate inside the throttle body in relation to your foot position on the gas pedal. Based upon the inputs from the sensor reading your foot’s position on the pedal, the ECU then makes the direction to supply more or less fuel to the motor. When this sensor is not working properly, this can cause intermittent responses when pressing the gas pedal. I would suggest having a professional from Your Mechanic come to your location to take a look at the truck to properly diagnose this hesitation issue.