Q: Why is my 2003 Honda Accord overheating? Could this be the reason?

Ok so my car has been over heating for a while I thought maybe it was because I needed coolant and I added the coolant . But I noticed my Coolant reservoir rubber cause broken from my coolant cap . Is that really the reason and an I going to need a new coolant tank or can I just buy a new cap and rubber and install it myself? If so where can I get the cap and rubber from because I have no time to order it online and how much do you think it will cost?

My car's transmission is unknown to me.

You may need to purchase the entire coolant reservoir to get the cap unless you purchase one online. This is most likely the cause of coolant loss if you are using very little over time from evaporation with a missing cap. If you are missing more than an ounce or two a day, then you have another leak and would need to be tested using pressure testing to locate the leak. Have this checked by a certified pro to diagnose the overheating issue.