Q: Car stuck in Park - 2010 Honda Civic

asked by on November 18, 2016

Car is stuck in park. Car is not going into reverse! I'm stepping on the brake and the shifter is not engaging for me to pull it out of park! I have checked all the fuses and replaced the brake switch.

Car does not shift from park to drive Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello - the inability to get the transmission out of Park is likely a failure of the neutral safety switch, preventing the shifter interlock mechanism from releasing the shifter. I would recommend an inspection of the shifter components by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.