Q: Driver pressed brake pedal and car started spinning

I was driving at about 35 mph (clear day - nice weather) and when I pressed on the brake pedal, my car started spinning. This was Very scary!! I spun into a ditch. Fortunately I was not hurt and no one else. No other vehicle was involved. I called a tow truck and had my car taken to my house. I know some about auto repair and what I found was that the rotor had split in half. Do you agree that a split rotor would have caused this spinning problem or do you think it could have been something else?

Hello. I’m glad that everyone was okay. The rotor falling apart as you described could very well cause a loss of control of your 2007 Honda S2000. When that rotor goes out, the other rotors will still be operating normally and it will cause the vehicle to pull or possibly spin depending on how fast you apply the brakes. I suggest having the brake system inspected and repaired by an expert, such as one from YourMechanic.