Q: Soft clutch, topped off clutch fluid reservoir and clutch pedal became firm/springing back on its own.

I have 1984 Celica Supra. I felt my clutch losing a pressure so I pulled over in a to check the clutch fluid, the reservoir was almost empty so I topped it off. Admittedly this is the first time, I've checked it since I got it up and running but I had a Yourmechanic Mechanic do work on my alternator last month on 10/13/16 and he said my fluid levels were fine and not leaking. After driving it around in the neighborhood for a few minutes, I felt the pedal become firm again and it was springing back on its own. There was no grinding when I was shifting gears and I didn't need to exert extra effort to get it into gear. Do you think I should still get it bled out? And do you think it is the master or slave cylinder wearing out? Thank you!

A: It is most common for the clutch hydraulic ...

It is most common for the clutch hydraulic leak to be from a leaking clutch slave cylinder. You should have the clutch hydraulic system inspected by YourMechanic to see why the fluid is getting low. The fluid gets low anytime there is a leak in the system. You may need to have the clutch slave cylinder replaced. If the clutch master cylinder and slave cylinder are both need replaced then it is a good idea to have both the clutch master and slave cylinders replaced together as a pair.