Q: my fuel gauge temp oil preassure and battery gauges all stoped working.

asked by on July 12, 2016

My gauges have stoped working. Fuel batery oil pressure and temp gauges. At the same time they stoped working my interior cab light and reverse lights stoped working. Any clue what the issue could be?

Electrical components are not working Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

When you lose any electric items or accessories, I suggest first checking all your fuses. You can pull the fuse out to check it, but even better is to use a test light to test the fuses with them still installed in the car. My guess is that it will simply be a fuse. If it is a fuse, replace it and see if it blows right away again. If it does, then there is a problem somewhere on one of the circuits. If not, then the fuse should fix it. If all the fuses test ok, then you could have a bad ground, or another wiring issue somewhere in the truck. At this point if a fuse replacement isn’t the fix, I would recommend having a qualified professional, such as one from YourMechanic, diagnose the electrical issue for you.