Q: 2014 Nissan Altima is saying key not detected? it works for remote start/lock/unlock but only starts when I hold fob to push start

2014 Nissan Altima. My key fob works for remote start and lock/unlock. But it won’t start with the push button start while in the vehicle. I try pressing start with key in my pocket and it says key not detected. Only works when I hold key up to the start button. I have tried a new battery in key fob and it didn’t help.

You should first try your second key FOB to see if it works properly and this will tell you that it is a problem with the key FOB that is not working correctly. If both FOBs do the same thing then you may have defective FOBs or problem with the theft system and will need to have either the FOB replaced or theft system repaired. If one FOB works and the other does not then replace defective FOB and have it programmed.