Q: Brake drums

On my rear drum on my truck the emergency brake cable bracket on the inside has broken off due to the rivet giving way what I would like to know is if I need to replace it with a rivet again or can I just use a bolt for it?

Hey there, thanks for your question. I would replace it with a bolt. It’s easier to take off and put back on just in case you ever have to replace the cable for some reason. If you are still having trouble with this, have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, check the brake system and make correct adjustments or repair to the emergency brake cable.