Q: Battery light is on after a new battery

asked by on September 16, 2017

I have a 2013 Dodge Avenger se with 57640 miles on it my battery light turn on so I got a brand new battery but the light is still on what could be the problem

Battery Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hello, thank you for writing in. The vehicle may be having issues with the alternator or with the charging system’s electrical wiring. Start by making sure all of your battery terminals, ground connections, wires to the alternator, and wires to the fuse box are clean, dry, and tight. You can then turn to testing your alternator. This can be done by a technician, or by most automotive parts stores if removed from the vehicle. If you have not already, scan the vehicle for diagnostic codes to see if there are any other codes to inform you about what is going on. For more help from our technicians, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr