Q: Loud "squeaking" while driving

My Honda Civic EX (2003) is making a loud squeaking noise a few minutes after I start driving. The squeal / squeaking only lasts for about 30 seconds, then stops. I am not sure what is going on.

Loud squeaking or squealing noises after startup are commonly caused by worn drive belts. Drive belts become noisy because they start to dry out, crack and become glazed which causes them to slip on the pulleys until they warm up, at which point the noise will go away. The noise will continue to get worse over time. You can have the noise diagnosed by a qualified technician, such as the ones available from YourMechanic.