Q: Slushing sound

Ok so when I start my car up , there sounds like water being moved around behind my dashboard . When I turn I hear it and at a stop light and it causes my engine to make a small noise that only I can hear but what can that be . It just started to happen... again it sounds like water behind the dash and causes my car to make just a little engine house when pressing the gas.

This sound is often times associated with a heater core that may have air pockets in it. As you may know, the heater core is a small radiator like unit that circulates the hot coolant from the engine through the heater core which then uses this warm coolant to heat the inside of the car with the help of the blower motor that blows the warm air through the vents inside the car. When the cooling system is not properly circulating coolant through the motor, this results in the warm coolant not being pumped through the heater core properly in order to warm the inside of the vehicle. In some cases there may be air pockets in the heater core which can cause the heating of the inside of the vehicle to fluctuate between warm and cool air erratically. I would suggest having an expert from Your Mechanic come to your home to diagnose your cooling system.