Q: Check engine light still on after repair. 2006 Infiniti G35

asked by on August 28, 2016

Check engine light came on, got my car looked at and scanned. The scanner said Bank 1 cam sensor was bad. Replaced the cam sensor started car after repair and hooking the battery backup. Check engine light is still on?

Hello. If the Check Engine Light remained on after the battery was plugged in, then it may be possible that the issue is with the wiring. Faulty wiring or a bad connector to the cam position sensor keeping the Check Engine Light on. I would also make sure that the sensor replaced was for bank 1, which for this vehicle appears to be on the passenger side. If you need to have this double checked, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to inspect and clear the Check Engine Light for you.