Q: 2002 PT Cruiser overheating and rattling noise

My car, a 2002 PT Cruiser, has been overheating for about 3 months now. I'm always needing to put radiator fluid in it. Just recently it has started shutting off on me. And now it's making a rattling noise when I accelerate. I've stopped driving it because I don't want to make anything worse. But I need to get it up and running soon. Any advice?

Hi there. The best advice I can offer is to have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location and complete a car is overheating inspection. My fear however, is that the frequent overheating may have caused internal engine damage; especially if you have not noticed coolant leaking in your driveway or where you park. That is often what causes you to have to add coolant frequently.

3. 2002 PT Cruiser overheating and rattling noise