Q: My car shut off while driving and it tries to crank but can't for some reason.

My converter has been going bad for some time now. I changed my fuel filter, spark plugs, and plug wires because I thought that was why my car was losing power but that changed nothing so that pointed back to the converter. A hole formed in the pipe like right after the converter so my car sounded more like a truck and where the hole is it's some kind of wire that comes out of it and goes somewhere else. And since that piece came off it was touching the pipe and got burned a little so I don't know if that caused any problems so I need a little advice.

A: Hello. A no start condition can be caused b...

Hello. A no start condition can be caused by many things. If a component touched the tailpipe and burned then it may very well be possible that it is related to your problem. I would recommend trying to identify what component it was, as it may be possible that it sends signal to the computer. I would also address the catalytic converter issue, as a bad catalytic converter can also prevent a vehicle from running correctly. If you need help having this checked, a certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose the starting issue and let you know what needs repair.