Q: Emissions light comes on and goes off.

2007 ford escape, 95,000 emission light goes on then off. dealer wanting $100.00 and 3 hr to do check on emissions. car running fine, seems like a lot of money and time to check a code? Did not mention that it is a hybrid.

Hi there. If the emissions light is coming on then going off, then the emission system could be picking up an evaporative leak. Check around the vehicle for any signs of fuel leaking and any fuel smell. Also, look at the gas cap an make sure that the seal is not cracked. I recommend seeking out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you check out the fuel system on your vehicle.

3. Emissions light comes on and goes off.