Q: There's a problem with the fuel system I'm thinking but not sure

asked by on September 26, 2016

When I press on the gas pedal an inch down it doesn't do a thing. But after that it all of the sudden goes, making me spin tired about every time I take of. And it's throwing an p1193 code. I'm not sure what to change. And my current mechanic can't figure it out. If you could give me an idea of what the problem is it would be great, thanks

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello. P1193 is the code for a faulty inlet air temperature sensor, also known as the intake air temperature sensor. It may be possible that there is an issue with the intake air temperature sensor or with the sensor circuit. The sensor is located in the vehicle’s air box, where the air filter is installed. I would carefully examine the sensor and test it’s signal to see if may need to be replaced. If you need help with this repair, a qualified professional from YourMechanic can come to your location to diagnose the code in detail and proceed with the proper repairs.