Q: My jeep is hesitating sometimes, almost like a misfire, but it feels like it's from the rear of my car. What could it be?

Just put my 31" tires back on my jeep and it feels as if something is screwed up in my rear end. It feels similar to a misfire but I have no check engine light. Is it safe to continue driving like this?

Hi, thanks for writing in. This may be a result of a couple of different things. You mentioned you just out 31" tires back on the Jeep. If it may have had larger or smaller tires on it before or perhaps a lift kit, this may cause this kind of change in the rear end. As you may know when changing the ride height of your vehicle, whether it is a suspension lift, body lift or even just oversized tires, this alters the geometry of the vehicle and the ride. Moving parts such as drivelines and other suspension parts will feel the difference in the height and have longer traveling distances as the vehicle suspension travels. This can happen when you drive over bumps or even when taking off from a stop light due to the shift in torque from the transmission transferring this power to the rear end. This may also happen when the U-joints are worn in the drive shaft as well which can cause a similar sipping feeling if the clearances are too high. If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.

• My jeep is hesitating sometimes, almost like a misfire, but it feels like it's from the rear of my car. What could it be?