Q: My car is not getting fuel to injectors I replaced filter and fuel pump

So have a 1991 Saab 900 about a 3 month's ago I bought it and each time I would fill up the tank the gas light would always be on well after awhile of driving it for about a month it broke down. I would just be driving and all of a sudden it would shut off, and won't start for a few hours and now it won't start at all just crank I've replaced the fuel pump and it's pumping though the line but I took the injectors out to see if it would spray when cranking and it's not. What could it be someone please help!

Hello, from what you describe it appears that you may be having an issue with the engine management system. The fuel pump provides the fuel and pressure for the fuel injectors, however it does not control their on and off operation, the computer does. This means that the issue you are having may be computer, or at least electronically related.

Some possible causes for this issue may be a blown EFI (Electronic Fuel Injection) main or computer fuse, a defective ignition module, a wiring issue, or perhaps even a defective engine control unit.

Because modern electronic fuel systems can be quite complicated in nature, I would recommend having the vehicle inspected by a professional technician. They will be able to diagnose your starting issue firsthand to see what the exact issue may be and fix it accordingly.

• My car is not getting fuel to injectors I replaced filter and fuel pump