Q: Engen battery and brake fluid lights come on when driving

When driving my engen battery and brake fluid lights come on

A: The check engine light is coming on because...

The check engine light is coming on because there is a problem in one or more of the vehicles control systems that needs attention and the check engine light is letting you know that fault codes have been stored. A technician with the proper equipment can scan the vehicle to retrieve the fault codes and start to diagnose the problem according to the codes that appear. When the battery light illuminates, this is usually a warning the charging system has a malfunction which may be an failing alternator or blown fuse. The brake fluid light will illuminate if the brake fluid level is too low. As brake pads wear, the brake fluid level will drop until the fluid is at the minimum level or the brake pads start to squeal because the friction material is worn out. Do not top off the brake fluid without having the brakes inspected.