Q: If I shut my car off it doesn't restart.

My car starts fine, but if I turn it off and try to start it again, it won't start. I hear no noise at all form the engine. If I let is sit and come back later, it starts. I have been told that the problem could lie with the wiring harness. The key ignition is fairly new, the starter is good, and the battery is new. It also won't start in neutral or any other gear. I had the ECU refurbished, but the problem is still there.

A: Well the first thing I would check is to<a ...

Well the first thing I would check is to see if the alternator is working. I would suspect it would be in the distributor. Ignition module, tdc sensor. A few voltage tests can tell you for sure. I would recommend having a mechanic from YourMechanic come out and check fuel pressure and voltages in the ignition. I would plan on getting a new distributor.