Q: Does a transmission rebuild kit fix transmission slipping and seal leaking?

Trans is slipping between 2nd and 3rd gear, occasionally won't go in reverse. Will a rebuild kit work to fix this problem.

A transmission rebuild kit will normally include all seals and gaskets as well as other major components that contribute to the overall performance of the transmission. If the part is a wear item or a potential leak source, the rebuilt kit is likely to include it. The rebuild kits purpose is to replace parts that are known to fail in the transmission in order to maintain a long-life of the transmission. It is also best to use the exact fluid that is recommended by the manufacturer when putting the transmission back together for best results.

• Does a transmission rebuild kit fix transmission slipping and seal leaking?