Q: I'm wondering why my car won't start in 50 degrees or lower temperatures

My car has issues starting in temperatures 50 degrees and lower. I have a newer battery so i know it cant be that.

Hi there. If your engine is cranking over and it’s difficult to start, the issue may be caused by a damaged distributor or ignition coil. Especially if it’s cracked and condensation is seeping into the electrical system.

Other possible issues may be fuel or air-related, such as a clogged EGR valve or dirty throttle body that needs to be cleaned. The best way to know for certain is to have one of our local mechanics complete a car is not starting inspection to pinpoint the exact source of your Malibu’s issues. From there, they can move forward with the appropriate repairs.

3. I'm wondering why my car won't start in 50 degrees or lower temperatures