Q: I'm wondering why my car won't start in 50 degrees or lower temperatures

My car has issues starting in temperatures 50 degrees and lower. I have a newer battery so i know it cant be that.

Hi there. If your engine is cranking over and it’s difficult to start, the issue may be caused by a damaged distributor or ignition coil. Especially if it’s cracked and condensation is seeping into the electrical system.

Other possible issues may be fuel or air-related, such as a clogged EGR valve or dirty throttle body that needs to be cleaned. The best way to know for certain is to have one of our local mechanics complete a car is not starting inspection to pinpoint the exact source of your Malibu’s issues. From there, they can move forward with the appropriate repairs.

• I'm wondering why my car won't start in 50 degrees or lower temperatures