Q: I'm wondering why my car won't start in 50 degrees or lower temperatures

asked by on November 01, 2016

My car has issues starting in temperatures 50 degrees and lower. I have a newer battery so i know it cant be that.

Distributor Rotor and Cap Replacement $103.97 - $279.74 Get a Quote
Ignition Coil Replacement $116.03 - $516.36 Get a Quote
Clean Throttle Body $93.59 - $291.31 Get a Quote
Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. If your engine is cranking over and it’s difficult to start, the issue may be caused by a damaged distributor or ignition coil. Especially if it’s cracked and condensation is seeping into the electrical system.

Other possible issues may be fuel or air-related, such as a clogged EGR valve or dirty throttle body that needs to be cleaned. The best way to know for certain is to have one of our local mechanics complete a car is not starting inspection to pinpoint the exact source of your Malibu’s issues. From there, they can move forward with the appropriate repairs.