Q: Car vibrates after cv joint replacement.

Hi I just replaced my tail shaft cv joint rear side holden vy now when I drive it vibrates would it be because of the boot clips I got it second hand they said they snapped the boot clips off and to just put my ones on but was told I couldn't do that so they used cable ties instead so could that be the problem do I just need to buy the boot clips for it to be fixed thanks

It would be best to have a new part installed rather than using second hand one. The old one my have had problems they tried to fix by adding grease and using the cable ties, but the part is now causing vibrations. Consider hiring an experienced technician like one from YourMechanic who can come out and take a closer look at what’s going on with the cv axle in order to offer a more personal diagnosis.

3. Car vibrates after cv joint replacement.