Q: Changed alternator in my 2013 Dodge Journey but engine light on and red flashing bolt. Auto zone said battery is good. Whats wrong

We changed the Alternator but now the engine light is on and a red flashing bolt i think its the battery keeps flashing. The car speed stops at a certain point and the car has this jerk and vibration when parked as if the car is about to cut off. We went to 2 different Auto Zones but they all said the battery is normal. Could the computer need to be resetted for the car to read the new Alternator? Whats wrong? Please help!

Hi there. It’s quite possible that the alternator and battery are ok, but one of the voltage regulator, battery or alternator cables is the source of your problem. The best way to know for certain is to have a professional mechanic come to your location and complete a battery light inspection.

3. Changed alternator in my 2013 Dodge Journey but engine light on and red flashing bolt. Auto zone said battery is good. Whats wrong