Q: 2015 Ford Focus, transmission overheating light comes on

Got a light that states transmission is overheating. Turn the car off then back on, code clears it’s self and then drives fine for 20 to 40 miles

My car has a manual transmission. Dual shift transmission

If you are getting a message stating that your transmission is overheating, I would strongly recommend checking the transmission fluid level. A low transmission fluid level could cause the transmission to overheat and even malfunction. If you find that your transmission is low on fluid, I would recommend adding fluid until the transmission registers full on the dipstick. I would then have your transmission inspected by a qualified professional to determine if any transmission fluid leaks exist. Consider YourMechanic as leak inspections can be performed at your home or office.

3. 2015 Ford Focus, transmission overheating light comes on