Q: 2015 Ford Focus, transmission overheating light comes on

asked by on March 10, 2018

Got a light that states transmission is overheating. Turn the car off then back on, code clears it’s self and then drives fine for 20 to 40 miles

My car has a manual transmission. Dual shift transmission

If you are getting a message stating that your transmission is overheating, I would strongly recommend checking the transmission fluid level. A low transmission fluid level could cause the transmission to overheat and even malfunction. If you find that your transmission is low on fluid, I would recommend adding fluid until the transmission registers full on the dipstick. I would then have your transmission inspected by a qualified professional to determine if any transmission fluid leaks exist. Consider YourMechanic as leak inspections can be performed at your home or office.