Q: Where are both transmission fluid dipsticks

My car has two places for transmission fluid and I am trying to find both. The manual shows that there is one on the driver’s side and also one on the passenger’s side. I want to check the fluid levels to make sure both sides are correctly filled. This turbo model has a sporting shift where I can also shift manually. Where do I find both of the transmission fluid dipsticks and what kind of fluids do I use in each one?

Hi there, thanks for writing in about your 2004 Subaru Baja. There is only one place to check the transmission fluid on your vehicle. There will be a dipstick with a yellow handle near the rear of the engine compartment on the driver’s side. Unless there is a fluid leak, you should not have to add fluid to the transmission. The fluid level should be checked with the engine running and at operating temperature. The fluid type is Dexron III. Since checking transmission fluid is more involved than just checking engine oil, I suggest that you have a professional check and service the fluid for you if needed.