Clicking noise inside my gear shift on my 2013 Dodge Char...

Q: Clicking noise inside my gear shift on my 2013 Dodge Charger V6

asked by on May 26, 2017

Clicking noise inside my gear shift on my 2013 Dodge Charger V6

Hello, thank you for writing in. There is a solenoid near the shifter that is called the interlock solenoid. It relates to the brake switch, and is part of what allows you to move out of park when you push the brake pedal. You will want to start by checking this first. Replace it if needed. While it is not normal that it is this loud, it may still be functional an not an immediate issue. Accessing the solenoid is the hardest part, replacing it is easy. For more help with this, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.