Q: I just replaced my fuel pump and now the truck is acting like its not getting gas

asked by on October 16, 2017

I just replaced my fuel pump yesterday and drove my truck to work today and went to drive home, and the truck is acting like it isn't getting gas. Why?

Car is hard to start Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi Justin. Thanks for contacting us today. There are several possible reasons why you are not getting fuel from the fuel pump. First, if the pump was not correctly installed or primed, it may fail quickly. It’s also possible that another obstruction exists within the fuel lines or the fuel relay is not functioning as it should. Unfortunately, without being there to physically inspect the fuel pump and knowing what was actually replaced or removed - it’s difficult to know for certain.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr