Q: 2017 ford explorer sport overheating while using A/C. when A/C is turned off it cools down quickly. Could this be the clutch fan?

2017 ford explorer sport overheating while using A/C. when A/C is turned off it cools down quickly. Could this be the clutch fan?

Your engine has two electrical cooling fans and does not have a fan clutch. Check to see if the fans are coming on when you turn on the a/c? If they do not come on then i would recommend having the computer checked and fans turned on using the scanner to see if they work and also any codes tested using correct pinpoint tests. You may have a fan motor issue or an electrical fault that will need additional diagnosis.

3. 2017 ford explorer sport overheating while using A/C. when A/C is turned off it cools down quickly. Could this be the clutch fan?