Q: Replaced cv axle with non oem still getting clicking.

I replaced my front right cv axle with a non oem part. IT fixed the vibration while driving but the clicking noise is still present. When I'm stopped and in drive the front end vibrates it also vibrated the steering wheel. I took a look at the axle it seems to be in but when I grabbed the boot connected to the diff II has some play it can be moved in and out of the diff but less that a half inch. IS this normal? is the cv axle not in all the way?

A: Hello. The play where the axle connects to ...

Hello. The play where the axle connects to the differential can be a bad bearing in the differential or more commonly the inner joint of the axle. Most of the time when this occurs it is because of a defective aftermarket axle. I would have used an OE new axle on this and if the play was still there then axle was replaced then the front differential will need to be rebuilt. If you want to have this axle issue looked at, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose wht there is freeplay in the axle.