Q: Oil leak in ML350 2007

On a recent visit to local oil change shop, they said there is a multiple oil leaks starting from valve gasket, and said they can not repair it as they it can only be done by Mercedes Benz dealer.

I would like to first get a second opinion on the leak and then possible fix it.

How it works with your system, do you come out to give opinion and make sure the it is the SAME problem? Can you fix it (as as per the local shop it can only be fixed by local dealership?).

More information from you will be very helpful.

Thanks, Rashesh

Repairing oil leaks requires the replacement of gaskets, seals, and o-rings and such work can be performed on all models by any competent automobile mechanic. Unless you have already received a detailed and authoritative diagnosis (identification) of all the leak points on the engine, what you can do is request a comprehensive oil leak diagnostic. The responding certified mechanic from YourMechanic will pinpoint the leak(s) and prioritize them if more than one leaking component exists. If you do have oil leaks, as many leaks as possible should be repaired because leaking oil can damage external engine components such as rubber motor mounts. Also, if oil is leaking onto a hot exhaust manifold that can create unhealthy fumes (as the oil burns off) and is also a fire hazard. If you want the sources of the oil leaks identified and the repair estimated, simply request the oil leak diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you promptly and professionally. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic.

3. Oil leak in ML350 2007