Q: Rattle in exhaust then a puff of smoke

asked by on October 06, 2016

Certain times when I accelerate I will hear the famous marbles in a tin can noise and a puff of dark smoke will come out of my exhaust. One time it smelled like something was burning.

Hi, thanks for writing in. I would assume that the vehicle is still under the factory warranty. It would probably be best to take it to the dealership to have it looked at under warranty. It sounds like there may be a problem with the catalytic converter, but its really hard to say without taking a look at it. If you would like further help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.