Q: The transmission sometimes doesn't want to shift into overdrive .

The transmission sometimes doesn't want to shift into overdrive , and when you stop the speedometer will go up and down .

Hi there. There are several potential reasons why the transmission on your 2002 Town & Country does not shift into overdrive. This could be caused by low transmission fluid, a blockage in the transmission lines, or a transmission sensor. The fact that the speedometer goes up and down might indicate a problem with the speedometer sensor, which is attached to the transmission and relays info to the ECU to help the transmission shift as well as send signals to the speedometer.

A good idea would be to contact a local ASE certified mechanic to test drive your Chrysler and then diagnose the hard shifting issue for you.