Q: what does it mean when your car looses it pwer when your driving

when i am driving my 05 dodge magnum ,it seems to lose its power as it over heats ...also water does not flow to the radatior nor the temp gauge does not move..

Hello, thank you for writing in. Overheating the engine does major damage, and at a point will ruin the engine. Be careful to not overheat the engine and get this resolved ASAP. The vehicle is likely suffering from issues with the thermostat or water pump. If the coolant does not flow through the cooling system, the engine does not cool down and the combustion cycles inside of the engine compete with high pressures. This is what is causing your power loss. The coolant is not circulating because the thermostat is not allowing it to circulate, or the water pump is failing to circulate the coolant. Both of these should be inspected and replaced if necessary. For more help diagnosing and resolving the issue, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.