Q: While driving car lost power then died and now won't start

I was driving and all of a sudden when I hit the gas there was nothing there I got it where I was going and then it died while I was still driving we have not been able to get it to start since it does crank but does not start.

A: There are several possible causes that keep...

There are several possible causes that keep a vehicle from starting. It would first be necessary to find out what the root problem is, meaning, for an engine to start and run, it needs fuel, air, and spark.

To find the failure, you need to figure out which system is being affected. There could be a bad fuel pump, failed coil, wiring issue, bad sensor, timing problem, or any number of other factors that will keep an engine from starting. I recommend having a professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, perform an inspection to determine why your vehicle is not starting and suggest necessary repairs.