Q: Misfire in cylinder 6

"Service Engine Soon" light came on. Scan said misfire in cylinder 6. What could be the culprit? I know there are many possibilities, but I hope you can tell me what usually causes it. It doesn't run terrible; maybe a slight skip in the rpm, almost like a heart beat.

As you may know know, a misfire can be caused by many different things ranging from a faulty ignition coil, to bad spark plug wires, bad spark plugs, a faulty crankshaft position sensor, a lean fuel condition which could be caused by faulty or dirty fuel injectors, bad connection at the fuel injectors, a bad mass air flow sensor relaying faulty information to the computer. These are a few of the possibilities.

Unfortunately, without diagnosing the motor, there is no way to tell for sure.To avoid any unnecessary repairs, I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose your car and better narrow down what may be causing the misfire.

3. Misfire in cylinder 6