Q: Door not unlocking with the remote

The driver's side door lock will not respond to the car remote or the lock button inside the car. Sometimes the other locks do not respond as well.

A: Hello, it sound like you have a failing lef...

Hello, it sound like you have a failing left front power door lock actuator. On a lot of modern cars, there are position sensors built into the power door lock actuator, which can affect the operation of the other doors. For example, when you pull the handle to open the driver's door, this may unlock all of the other doors also. A lot of theses systems are tied into other systems in the car. It may also be wise to check the car for codes and data to verify that the door lock is failing. You may need the aid of a mechanic to scan the car and replace the power door lock actuator if needed.