Q: Bouncing when towing or backing up

My 4x4 with an extended cab has 164,500 miles on it. It’s having a jumping or faltering problem when towing a trailer and backing up a load of 800 plus lbs up a 60 degree slope. It doesn’t go out of gear and it’s not slipping, but the pickup jumps. It think of pressure plates or universal and maybe something to do with the transmission though. It does this in 4 wheel drive mode with manual lock out hubs. My truck is bouncing, jumping, faltering. It doesn’t always happen but quite often. Do you have any idea what's causing this and how it can be fixed?

I am not surprised to hear that your Nissan struggles trying to move a heavy load up hill!! After all those years and miles, I would be glad that it still ran and save it for lighter work! Old trucks rule!

3. Bouncing when towing or backing up