Q: Car overheating even after changing thermostat

asked by on May 18, 2016

My SUV has an overheating problem and the temperature gauge never goes under the halfway mark. The dealership has replaced just about everything possible, yet it is still overheating! We're talking about replacement of the thermostat, radiator cap, water pump, head gasket, and the list goes on and on! What can be causing this?

Hello. It is possible that the radiator needs to be replaced. Sometimes, flushing out the radiator will solve a problem like this, but when it doesn’t, replacing the radiator is necessary.

It may also be possible that your car is overheating because the engine block is warped near where the cylinder head and the engine block meet. I would suggest that you have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, come to your home or business and do an inspection to pinpoint why your car is overheating.