Q: Q: Timing belt needs to be replaced

It was suggested by the dealership that the timing belt needs to be replaced. I've been trying to find an answer to whether or not my car has an interference engine or non-interference one. The dealership can't seem to give a clear answer, but told me that if the belt were to break, then the piston might come into contact with the valves and this would destroy the engine. I have also searched the internet and just can't find if my make/model has interference or non-interference engine. Can you tell me?

Your engine is an interference motor and will get damaged if the belt breaks. You can contact another mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, who can check and replace the timing belt for you.

3. Q: Timing belt needs to be replaced