Q: I have a 1980 c10 it's starts up with starting fluid or when I am pumping on the gas, but it will randomly have a rough idle and w

Hey there I'm having a problem with my truck I bought it as a project drives well when I brought it from Colorado Springs, but the only issue I'm having is I have pump on the gas a couple times to start her up. It will stall on me when I come to a stop (sometimes) I'm not sure if this is a carb problem or a vacuum hose problem any ideas? Appreciate the answers guys

I would recommend having all of the vaccum lines checked first since those are a much less expensive repair than carburator issues. If any vaccum lines are old, brittle, cracked, or broken, I would recommend having them replaced. If this is not the case, I would recommend having the carburator adjusted or replaced if necessary to regain the proper air/fuel mixture. Consider a vehicle is running rough inspection with YourMechanic as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose this issue for you.

3. I have a 1980 c10 it's starts up with starting fluid or when I am pumping on the gas, but it will randomly have a rough idle and w