Q: Hello. My service traction, trac off, and anti lock lights come on a few times while driving. What could this mean?

I sometimes feel a slight pulsation in the brake pedal when the light comes on. It usually goes off in minutes.

My car's transmission is unknown to me.

Hello. When the vehicle is first started the computer very quickly runs a series of test on various systems of the car. If one of these systems sends back a bad reading the warning lights will come on. As the vehicle is driven the sensor may give more appropriate readings and the computer will turn the light off. This does not mean the issue doesn’t exist, but means the sensor causing the light is working intermittently. You will want to have the vehicle scanned for diagnostic troubleshooting codes, while the light is on, to find out what sensor is sending a bad signal. There are a few other issues that could be the cause. The traction control is heavily related to the ABS system. Therefore if the brakes were having issues, the traction control would also be effected. The best way to find out what the issue is would be to find out what code is causing the light. Scan the vehicle, and go from there.

• Hello. My service traction, trac off, and anti lock lights come on a few times while driving. What could this mean?